DMOZ Internet Directory
[ Submit ]
Machine Learning in Games
- Review of research and implementations in Backgammon, Othello, soccer, and other games.
Amit's Thoughts on Path-Finding
- Online paper about path-finding, including the A* algorithm and a greedy algorithm. Implementation notes, precalculation, map representations, heuristics, applications.
- Checkers program written by Jonathan Schaeffer et al.; play online. Publications, endgame database statistics, game records.
Steering Behaviors For Autonomous Characters
- Description of simple techniques for controlling goal-directed motion of simulated characters around their world, for applications in games and animation. Includes Java demos and related links.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Computer Games
- Companion site for the book "Artificial Intelligence for Computer Games: An Introduction." Includes bibliography, chapter guide, errata, and relevant links.
- A database of Artificial Intelligence articles specific to games that appeared in game programming books, magazines, conferences, or on the Internet.
CGF-AI Links to Game AI and Tactical AI Resources
- A number of annotated links referring to tactical AI (for games, military simulations, or academic applications) and general game AI.
A* Pathfinding for Beginners
- Introduction to the A* path finding algorithm.
Game Semantics or Linear Logic?
- A discussion of how linear logic relates to computability logic, - the game-semantically introduced logic of computational resources and interactive computation.
Heuristic Goal-seeking Framework
- A JAVA framework that implements heuristic goal-seeking algorithms. Using this framework will allow developers to focus on a specific domain of interest, while leaving many of the AI concepts and goal-searching concepts to be implemented by the framework.
Dynamic Stochastic Control - A New Approach To Game Tree Searching
- Robin Upton's Ph.D. thesis uses this branch of probability theory to generalize conspiracy numbers, developing the search method known as PCN*, conspiracy probabilities.
- Their goal is to develop a generic architecture for autonomously operating agents, like computer-guided characters/mobiles/items, within a complex computer-game environment.
ASCII Robot Soccer
- Unix soccer-like testbed. Source code (C++ with curses and termcap), executable, and screenshots.
- Description of techniques to autonomously steer vehicles through a predefined virtual world. Simple behaviors (e.g. obstacle avoidance) can be combined to create more complex behaviors.
AI Game Development
- Focused on helping you make great AI (artificial intelligence) for your games and simulations.
IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence and Games
- The Computational Intelligence and Games (CIG) Conference series brings together leading researchers and practitioners from academia and industry to discuss recent advances and explore future directions in the field.
Three States and a Plan: The A.I. of F. E. A. R.
- The author of this white paper is Jeff Orkin - creator of the revolutionary AI for F. E. A. R. In his article Jeff uncovered how to make hard math work for you with very detailed description of Goal Oriented Hierarchical Planner.
- Path engine for Java, consisting of an extensible set of tools for collecting pathfind data and finding and executing paths.
The 2K BotPrize
- Build an AI bot using API for Unreal Tournament 2004 and challenge other bots for prizes.
- Game AI middleware for robust 3D pathfinding, team coordination, crowd movement. High-performance optimization. Used in more than 100 titles.
A comparison of high-level approaches for speeding up pathfinding in video games
- Description and analysis of several approaches is given with the postmortem example of usage in video game Dragon Age: Origins.
University of Alberta GAMES Group
- Produces high-performance, real-time programs for strategic game-playing. They have branched out into commercial games and applications of research to industrial problems.
- A treasure-hunt game in a 3D world. Its purpose is to connect AI researchers with game players willing to provide feedback about the current state of the art.
- The Gomoku artificial intelligence programming tournament, which takes place every year. Download Gomoku programs. Instructions on how to write your own Gomoku artificial intelligence.
Starcraft AI Competition
- Build an AI bot using special API for "Starcraft: Brood War" and challenge other bots for prizes.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the