DMOZ Internet Directory
Calendars and Timekeeping
[ Submit ]
Time and Date
- Information such as yearly and monthly calendars, counters, countdown, and the world clock which shows the current time in cities all over the world.
- Articles on the Gregorian and Julian calendars, the ISO date format, the Julian day number system, the Maya calendar, the Goddess lunar calendar, the Liberalia Triday Calendar and C functions for date conversion; plus software for calendrical conversion.
- The encyclopaedia of calendars.
GMT: Greenwich Mean Time
- Complete guide to times in every time zone in the world.
Maya Calendar 2000
- The calendar was the center of Maya life and their greatest cultural achievement. To carry out their astronomical calculations they developed a sophisticated mathematical system. The Maya Calendar website is developing with the intent of providing a complete view of Maya culture.
Astronomical Time Keeping
- Extensive descriptions of many timing systems, with information on time zones and Julian day numbers.
Blue Moon Myths
- Second full moon in a month, or third full moon in a single season.
The Chinese Calendar
- The mathematics and rule explanation for the calendar.
The Islamic Calendar
- The mathematics of the calendar in Singapore.
The Difference Between the Millennium and Year 2000
- Questions and answers to satisfy the hearts of true millennium buffs.
Calendars through the Ages
- History and FAQs of calendars, from ancient Rome to outer space. Including Julian, Gregorian, Jewish, Islamic, Chinese, and Mayan.
Annus Novus Decimal Calendar
- A proposal for a non-sectarian, culturally neutral calendar system.
- Applets related to calendars and keeping time, including sidererial time.
The Calendar, Leap Years and the Year 2000
- An explanation of the calendar including the origin of the day, week, month and year.
Astro Portal - CalSKY
- The worldwide interactive online astronomical/space calendar and calculator - for friends of astronomy, as well as astronomers.
- Lunar calendar with lunations, from new moon to new moon, instead of months. Moon phase on each day. Chinese, Jewish, and Islamic months. Eclipses, meteors, planets, star charts. Christian, Pagan, Islamic, Hindu, and Jewish holidays.
The Julian and Gregorian Calendars
- Explanations of the Julian Calendar, the Gregorian Reform, the adoption of the Gregorian Calendar, the length of the tropical year and related matters.
Julian Day Numbers
- An explanation of the Julian day number system used by astronomers and calendricists.
Types of Calendars
- An explanation of lunar, solar, lunisolar, rule-based and other calendars.
PlexGlobe: International Clock and Global Kit
- A productivity toolkit for global users and businesses that includes world clock and calendar.
Hindu Calendar Dates 52nd Century
- Explains the cosmological and astronomical influences in creating the Indian calendar.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the