DMOZ Internet Directory
This category lists museums of a cultural nature.
African-American, Asian, Latin American, ...
Search the below web sites:
Search the below web sites:
The UCM Museum
- Features memorabilia, folk art, homemade inventions, a miniature animated town and gift shop. Includes hours, admission and directions. Located in Abita Springs, Louisiana.
Fowler Museum at UCLA
- Collections comprise more than 150,000 ethnographic and 600,000 archaeological objects representing prehistoric, historic, and contemporary cultures of Africa, Asia, Oceania, and the Americas, past and present. Includes hours and free admission. Located in Los Angeles, California.
- Exhibits the cultural and natural history of Hawaii. Located in Hilo.
National Museum of Funeral History
- A museum of 19th and 20th century funerary history in the United States. Online collections and membership information, and gift shop. Located in Houston, Texas.
Dublin Writers Museum
- Features a history and celebration of Irish literary life.
Culinary Archives & Museum
- Devoted to the preservation of culinary arts and hospitality history. Features cast iron ranges and stoves, American foods, menus, cookbooks. Located in Johnson and Wales University, Providence, Rhode Island.
- Features three main collections, world cultures, natural history and music. Includes details of displays, opening times, facilities and directions. Located in London, UK.
Wick Heritage Centre
- Collection features artifacts, memorabilia and over 60,000 photographs that interpret community life. Includes details of buildings and exhibits, hours, admission and directions. Based in Caithness in Northern Scotland.
Southern Food and Beverage Museum
- Nonprofit organization, dedicated to the discovery, understanding and celebration of the culinary heritage of the South, plans its opening in New Orleans, Louisiana in June, 2005. Provides membership details, press releases, and events.
Father McDyer's Folk Village
- Features a cluster of six small cottages that recreate a different era of Irish history - from the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. Includes details of the furnishings, a craft shop and tea room, and directions to the location in Glencolmcille, County Donegal, Ireland.
Reading Public Museum
- Offers collections of art, science, and civilization, and a planetarium. Contains details of the collections, events, memberships, volunteer opportunities, hours, admission rates, and directions to the location in Reading, Pennsylvania, United States.
Catalina Island Museum
- Founded in 1953 to collect, preserve and interpret the cultural heritage of the area. Includes details of exhibits, events, hours and admission. Located in Avalon, California, United States.
- Established in 1943 in a building dating from 1624 and features many exhibits concerned with the ecclesiastical history of the area. Includes a visitor's guide, photos, and a research facility. Located in Perthshire, Scotland.
- Contains culture, archaeology, maritime and textile displays. Includes details of exhibits, projects, photographic archive and newsletter. Located in the UK.
Mathers Museum of World Cultures
- Collections, exhibits, events, programs, and store. Located in Bloomington, Indiana.
Museum of Northern British Columbia
- Features displays of Northwest Coast human and natural history from the end of the last ice age to the 20th Century. Includes details of exhibits, programs, fees, hours, memberships and directions. Located in Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada.
Marbles Kids Museum
- Interactive museum. Features calendar of events, information on exhibits and staff.
Museum of Sex
- Dedicated to the exploration of the history, evolution and cultural significance of human sexuality, advocating open discourse and striving to present to the public the best in current scholarship unhindered by self-censorship. Located in New York, New York.
Indiana State Museum
- Explore exhibits of art, science and culture. Includes details of the galleries, an events calendar, programs, information about the Legacy Theater, memberships, and a visitor's guide. Located in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States.
International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum
- Exhibits feature history of organization from its beginning to present times. Includes opening hours, admission fees, directions. Located in Geneva, Switzerland. [French, German and English].
The British Schools Museum
- Buildings tell the story of elementary education in Britain from 1810 until 1945. Includes classroom exhibits, a visitor's guide, directions and a map. Located in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.
The Museum of English Rural Life
- Reflects and records the changing face of farming and the countryside through collections of objects, archives, photographs, film and books. Includes details and a map to the location in Reading, UK.
Science : Social Sciences : Anthropology
Museums and Libraries
Organizations : Fraternal : Freemasonry
Society : History : By Topic
Museums and Archives
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the